Friday, March 28, 2008

We did it, we went Camping!







I grew up going camping, my family would go up to Bright for two weeks over the summer and I remember loving it, l have such fond memories of those summer camping trips. We would all help pitch the tent and set up the beds. The days would consist of cooking on the grill, swimming, walking into town, sightseeing ,campfires, going to the amusement park and just hanging around camp. When l look back, l just remember loving it, and my sisters and I were sad every year when those 2 weeks came to an end. Of course l fail to remember all the packing, cleaning and washing that was involved since my parents took care of it all. Now that l am a parent, l see it all to clearly, and so it was with some hesitation that l agreed to take a camping trip with our friends Matt and Laura and their family to Lake Whitney during Spring break. We decided that we could well manage 2 days. We kept telling ourselves it was for the kids.


I will admit l had fun and the kids absolutely loved it. We all helped set up the tent and beds. We had great sunny days, although the nights and mornings were still a little too cold. We ate around the campfire, and made smores while playing memory games and charades. We went fishing, played Frisbee, sat around and talked and were even visited by a band of Raccoons one night.





Of course the packing up of the tent and all the stuff we managed to take on a short 2 day trip was no fun at all, not to mention all the laundry that awaited me when l got home.I will say that packing up camp was hard but once home, everyone helped unpack the car.








Would l do it again?, Yes for sure, the kids had fun and I'm all for making childhood memories for them.








So while I'm thinking about it, I want to thank you mum and dad for taking us camping all those years. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to experience the outdoors, and giving us some great memories of our childhood. Also a big thanks for all the hard work that it took to plan, carry out and clean up afterwards.






















No comments: