Saturday, September 11, 2010

It came!

Back in 2007 we took a trip to England, and apart from all the beautiful scenery and sites to see l fell in love with all the old doors l kept seeing on our trip. Beautiful old brightly coloured doors, so an idea came to me, l wanted to capture these doors and make a collage of them all to maybe one day scrapbook or make a print to hang in my house.
Fast forward to 5 years later, and nothing had been done, till this one day last week when l saw those photos again and decided that today was going to be the day!
Painstakingly l edited and created a collage with all those photos, using Shutterfly studio and Picnik, l know there is an easier way, but l have yet to master Photoshop!
So today l got me some happy mail and there wrapped carefully in a cylinder was my 11x14 photo. It turned out great! Heck it looked like a store bought print! So what was a girl to do!, but run out purchase a frame and hang that piece of art on my wall.
Pure beauty and the satisfaction of having brought to fruition one of my many ideas = PRICELESS!

The photo of the kiddos is on canvas.

No comments: