Monday, September 20, 2010

The sweetest thing


OK, l know it might seem silly, a post about peaches, but l just have to jot this down.

Last week on one of my trips to Costco l came across these beauties. Now let me start by saying ,it's not cause l saw them, but more like SMELLED them! that's right, SMELLED them! I was walking past not even looking at the centre aisle and all of a sudden l smelt summer! sweet fragrant summer.


To me peaches bring back memories of my childhood, my father had a peach tree and those peaches were the sweetest, juiciest thing l ever tasted. The smell, the soft peach fuzz, the golden colour, l tell you whats not to love about them! I had given up thinking l would ever eat anything as sweet again (I'm sorry but store bought fruit just doesn't live up to my expectations!) until that day in Costco. I mean if they smelt this good they would have to taste this good right!


So off l went armed with a box of 12 peaches, and everyone commented on how good they smelt. I hardly got them home, and Liam was the first to pounce on them! To cut a long story short, l went back and got some more on Friday and we ate the last ones on Sunday night.


Well come Monday, l was asked, no begged to go and get some more! how could l say no! My plan is to make Peach cobbler, but honestly l don't know if they will make it till then, l mean it's hard to resist the smell of those sweet juicy peaches. Just looking at them makes me want to go back and eat another one, who's going to notice? Oh yeah that would be the Peach Police, my son!

No comments: